Um, we bought a ranch. And before y’all start with, “whoa, who does that bitch think she is,” allow me to provide some perspective. I spent the entire weekend up to my double points in cobwebs, dead flies and mouse turds. We’re not talking South Fork, here.
Wanna see? That thing with the red roof. That would be our barn.
Welcome to El Ranch de Chihuahua
In honor of El Rancho, I thought I would devote this edition of Wednesday Miscellany to knitting cowgirl must haves.
1. Camelids. The other day when I had coffee with the lovely Anne, in state for a family wedding, she observed, “I see llamas in your future.” While we are not looking to adopt the llama lifestyle with its trailers and harnesses and all, we are toying with the idea of renting/loaning pasture to llama or ‘paca-packing mamas. Wouldn’t that be a dream?
2. A retro cowgirl-themed knitting bag. From Spunky Eclectic.
3. Western-wear knitting patterns: See Berroco’s Western-wear layette and Urban Cowgirl. And crocheted baby cowboy booties.
4. A chihuahua weathervane.
5. Anything from Double D Ranchwear.
6. A Western embroidery kit from Sublime Stitching.
7. A Rockmount embroidered shirt.
8. Vintage cowboy furnishings. Check out the carved sofa. And scroll down for a shot of the obligatory boot lamp.
I already have the pink cowboy boots.